Stats

Odometer reading in Anacortes: 4677 miles

+ 18 ride from Ellington, ME to Bar Harbor, ME
+ 3 mile error in Cusick
+ 31 mile ride on Lopez Island

4729 total miles pedaled.

I did 60 days of cycling with 1 off day.

My daily average was 78 miles/day, and I rode 3 centuries.

My bike plus gear and water weighed 93 lbs.

I rode through 15 states: Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Dakota, Montana, Idaho, Washington

I rode through 2 Canadian Provinces: Ontario, Alberta

The highest point of the trip was the summit of Logan Pass at 6,646’.

I accumulated over 164,350 feet of climbing coast to coast.

My favorite part of the trip was Glacier National Park, ‘Going-to-the-Sun’ road.

My second favorite part was Washington Pass, and my third favorite was Lopez Island.

I had 4 flat tires.

I went through 2 chains and 3 rear tires.

I rode in rain 12 different days, and it was the worst at the beginning of the trip.

I spent the night in a campground/city park 35 times.

I spent the night in a hotel 13 times.

I spent the night in a warm showers host 6 times.

I spent the night in hostels 4 times.

I spent the night at a friend’s house 4 times.

I slept in my tent 36 nights.

I slept in a bed 26 nights.

66 male cyclists were documented.

20 female cyclists were documented.

Most cyclists were traveling in groups, although I met several male cyclists and 1 female cyclist traveling solo

1 cyclist couple was documented traveling with a dog.

I rode down 9 loose-gravel roads in addition to 2 cinder trails.

I had 1 dog chase involving pepper spray.

I encountered 2 downed trees across the bike path.

I was honked at by 9 aggressive drivers.

I mailed 206 post cards.

I shipped 9 packages (that included feathers, bones, huckleberries, and fireworks).

I was banned from 1 bar.

0 Confederate flags were documented or seen.

6 barn quilt paintings were documented across the country (many seen).

10 road kills were documented (dozens seen).

4 roadside crash memorials were documented (dozens seen).

8 right wing billboards documented (many seen).

4 billboards documented that addressed the methamphetamine crisis (several seen).

Wildlife documented:
29 deer, 16 bunnies, 12 chipmunks, 9 prairie dogs, 6 gophers, 6 groundhogs, 6 squirrels, 3 antelopes, 2 raccoons, 1 skunk, 1 black bear, 1 gray wolf, 1 coyote, 27 geese, 20 red-tipped blackbirds, 11 wild turkeys, 11 ducks, 10 seagulls, 6 cranes, 6 crows, 4 bald eagles, 3 buzzards, 3 yellow bird, 2 eagles, 2 hawks, 1 white tail hawk, 2 robins, 1 blue jay, 1 bluebird, 3 turtles, 1 bull frog, 1 snake

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Northern Tier Day #31 Royalton, MN to Pine River, MN

Northern Tier Day #36 Enderlin, ND to Gackle, ND

Northern Tier Day #8 Raquette Lake, NY to Pulaski, NY